Mike HanrahanBankruptcy, Tax, and Business
Mike is a Partner at CBH Attorneys & Counselors, PLLC, who focuses his areas of practice on bankruptcy law, business law, and tax law.
Mike attended St. Bonaventure University where he obtained his Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Business Administration. Mike then attended Thomas M. Cooley Law School and after graduating, refined his skills in the area of tax law by obtaining a Master’s of Law in Taxation from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School.
Mike joined CBH Attorneys & Counselors in 2013. Mike has been recognized for his work in Bankruptcy when he was named a Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer by the American Society of Legal Advocates in 2016, and more recently, as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers. He also acts as the Treasurer of the Debtor’s Bar of West Michigan, has frequently spoken at Bankruptcy seminars, and has acted as an adjunct professor of Bankruptcy Law at Western Michigan Cooley Law School in the past.
When Mike isn’t working, he is an avid outdoorsman, an experienced skier, and enjoys spending time with his wife and pets.
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, Masters in Law (LL.M.) (2015)
- Thomas Cooley Law School, Juris Doctor (J.D.) (2013)
- St. Bonaventure University, Master of Business Administration (M.B.A) (2009)
- St. Bonaventure University, Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) (2008)
- Michigan (2013)
- U.S. District Court for Western District of Michigan
- United States Tax Court
- State Bar of Michigan, Taxation Section
- Federal Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section
- Debtors Bar of West Michigan, Treasurer
- Client Intake & Managing Client Expectations, Federal Bar Association Bankruptcy Bootcamp (2018)
- Bankruptcy Law, Adjunct Professor, Western Michigan University Cooley Law School (Winter 2018 Term)
- Law Office Management, Adjunct Professor, Western Michigan University Cooley Law School (Summer 2017 Term)
- Chapter 13 Business Cases, Federal Bar Association 29th Annual Bankruptcy Section Seminar (2017)
- College, student loans and regret, Grand Rapids Business Journal (January 2019)
- The IRS and tax debt, Grand Rapids Business Journal (July 2018)
- 2018 Michigan Rising Star, Bankruptcy
- Top Lawyers: Grand Rapids Magazine (2020-2021)
- Super Lawyers